Tips and Tricks for Programmable Thermostats
- To achieve the best energy savings with Programmable Thermostats, it is advisable to set them at lower or higher temperatures for long periods of time, like 6-8 eight hours during sleep time or for an even longer period during the day time when no one is at home.
- An area can be temporarily made warmer or cooler by manually overriding but still keeping the pre-set program intact. You can program up to two types of override features: 1. hold/permanent/vacation and 2. Temporary. The override will not be carried forward to the next program period.
- Do not consistently override the pre-programmed settings if you want to reduce energy bills.
- It is not advisable to use the hold/permanent/vacation feature to manage everyday settings. When you are going to be away for a longer period, use the hold or vacation features to keep the home at constant lower of higher temperatures, depending on weather conditions.
- Do not leave the hold/permanent/vacation feature at the comfort setting as this will waste energy and money when you are not present in the home.
- Take care to install thermostat unit on an interior wall without being close in proximity to heating or cooling vents and other sources of heat or drafts such as doorways, windows, skylights, direct sunlight or bright lamps.
- Instead of using just one thermostat to control all the areas in the house, you will need to use a Programmable Thermostat for each multiple heating or cooling zone to achieve maximum ease, comfort and energy savings for the whole house.
- Batteries must be changed regularly to ensure the effective operation of a Programmable Thermostat.
Continue reading my Programmable Thermostat Review including Best features, How they work, What makes them green, FAQs, plus Tips and Tricks.
Visit my Programmable Thermostat Store.
Thank you for visiting,
http://livinggreenreviews.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to ("" (amazon.com, endless.com, smallparts.com or myhabit.com).